Having a primary care doctor is a key component of good health. Your primary care doctor helps coordinate all your care and serves as your personal health advocate, so it’s important to establish a long-term relationship so your doctor is familiar with your history.
Primary care doctors diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, and work collaboratively with specialists and other health care professionals to deliver comprehensive care. Your doctor can also help you stay healthy by offering preventive health information, as well as answer your questions about health concerns or issues.
Types of primary care doctors include:
- Family practice – Provide care for the whole family, from pediatrics to senior health care.
- Internal medicine – Specialize in providing care to teenagers and adults.
- Pediatrics – Provide care for babies, children and adolescents.
- Senior care – Provide specialized care designed to help keep older adults healthy.
- Women’s health – Specialize in providing care to women of all ages.
- Find a Location for primary care providers or call 479-782-CARE (2273)