Considering joint replacement surgery? We know it may seem overwhelming. That’s why at Baptist Health, our joint replacement program is designed to make the journey a little easier.
Our skilled orthopedic team will see you through every phase of care, from pre-op education through your last inpatient therapy session. And you’ll experience it all in a small group setting with people just like you. Together, you’ll share successes and concerns as you start to feel and move better.
Joint Replacement Procedures
The orthopedic surgeons on the medical staff at Baptist Health specialize in total joint replacement, a procedure in which injured or diseased joints are replaced with artificial ones.
Baptist Health offers the following joint replacement procedures. Click on the links below to learn more about each procedure, including your hospital stay and recovery time.
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total joint replacement for elbows and shoulders
- Hip resurfacing
In addition to performing traditional orthopedic procedures, surgeons on the medical staff use minimally invasive techniques, which often allow for smaller incisions and minimal disruption to surrounding tissue. For you, this may mean less pain and scarring; more flexibility and mobility immediately following surgery; and a smoother, faster recovery.
To find out if you’re a candidate for joint replacement, please call Baptist Health Orthopedic & Spine Center at (479) 441-5095.
Why Choose Baptist Health?
Focused on quality outcomes:
- Hip/knee replacement average length of stay: 1.8 days (national average is 3 days)
- 92% of our patients are discharged to home (National Average 29%)
- Patient Likelihood to Recommend 86% (National Average 71%)
- Complication Rate in Hospital 0% (National Average .63%)
- Complication Rate within 30 Days 1.1% (National Average 2.62%)
- Marshall Steele Destination Center for Superior Performance
Register for a free informational seminar
Want to learn more about treating hip or knee pain? Attend one of our free seminars. Click here to learn more.
- Baptist Health-Fort Smith
- Baptist Health-Van Buren