Orthopedics focuses on conditions and diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Baptist Health’s orthopedic specialists handle everything from a torn muscle or broken bone to total joint replacement and minimally invasive surgery. We offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary care in an environment where patients come first.
At Baptist Health Orthopedic & Spine Center, we have created a special program that brings together a team of experienced and skilled surgeons with caring and specially-trained nurses, therapists and technicians. Our goal is to provide seamless, coordinated care, and get you back to your favorite activities as soon as possible.
Our comprehensive approach includes:
- Private rooms with bathroom
- Dining room for you and your coach
- Exercise and therapy provided in a group setting
- Casual clothes
- Family and friends participating as coaches in the recovery process
- An informative pre-op class for patients and your family
- A patient guidebook – a step-by-step guide that explains your surgery and serves as a clinical diary
- Daily patient newsletter delivered with your breakfast letting you know the day’s agenda, along with tips for caring for your new joint
- Community outreach seminars
Led by the Orthopedic & Spine Care Coordinator, each member of our staff has a positive attitude, motivational skills and a desire to provide outstanding service. In addition, they have been specifically trained to provide comprehensive clinical care for patients undergoing these important procedures. We have the same great physicians, the same great nurses and offer the same great care, but we have a new program that encompasses wellness, early mobility, family involvement, education, personal responsibility, group interaction and minimally invasive and rapid-recovery techniques for better outcomes following joint replacement or spine surgery.
For more information, call 1-888-BAPTIST.
- Baptist Health-Fort Smith
- Baptist Health-Van Buren