Nerves make up one of the body;s most complex systems, and Baptist Health provides an advanced multidisciplinary team approach to deliver quality care. Nerve disorders can be caused by conditions such as tumors, illnesses, diseases or injuries, or exposure to cold, radiation or toxins.
We diagnose and treat a wide range of nerve conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral and autonomic nerve disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
The Baptist Health care team includes specialists from a range of disciplines to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care. Neurologists, neuromuscular medicine specialists and other specialized clinicians utilize a variety of treatments to manage nerve conditions. Multidisciplinary approaches include:
- Closer management of underlying conditions that cause the nerve condition such as diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, autoimmune disorders or other conditions.
- Complementary techniques such as biofeedback, acupuncture and relaxation.
- Electrical nerve-stimulation techniques.
- Lifestyle changes such as dietary modifications, stress management or modification of activities.
- Medications to relieve pain and address other symptoms.
- Physical aids such as ergonomically designed chairs, keyboards and other equipment to reduce nerve pressure.