Various types of cancer are of particular concern to men, such as prostate, lung, skin and colorectal cancers. Baptist Health offers comprehensive care and a range of support and recovery services to address the needs of men living with cancer.
Our cancer care professionals provide cancer treatment options, including:
- Hormone therapy
- Radiation therapy, including radiosurgery and brachytherapy for prostate cancer
- Surgery, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options
As part of Baptist Health’s comprehensive care, our cancer care specialists are dedicated to preventive education to help you lower your risk of developing cancer. By incorporating these healthy habits into your lifestyle, you can reduce your risk:
- Avoid all tobacco products and secondhand smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise 30 minutes or more daily.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and avoid high-fat foods.
- Wear sunscreen or protective clothing outdoors to protect yourself from the sun.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol or practice moderation if you drink.
- Take early detection seriously and talk to your doctor about screenings that are appropriate for you.