- Aetna Healthcare
- AMCO PPO
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (including Arkansas FirstSource PPO)
- Arkansas Municipal League
- Coventry / First Health PPO
- GEHA / PPO USA
- Health Advantage
- HealthLink of Arkansas – Humana
- Mercy Health Plans
- MultiPlan (no longer contracted with PHCS)
- PPO Plus
- Union Pacific Railroad – United Healthcare
Since 1920, Baptist Health has provided patient-centered services with Christian compassion and personal concern. Consistent with our mission, Baptist Health offers financial assistance and charity to eligible patients. Patients without insurance who do not qualify for any third party or governmental health benefits will receive a discount of 74 percent of their billed charges. Questions about the uninsured discount should be directed to Patient Financial Services at (501) 202-3900. For insured or non-insured, additional financial assistance discounts up to 100 percent of billed charges may be provided based on completion and evaluation of an Application for Financial Assistance, with required supporting documentation. To be eligible for assistance, the following steps must be completed:
- Download the Application for Financial Assistance
Derechos Y Obligaciones Del Paciente: Copia Para El Expediente Clínico
- Answer all questions completely
- Sign and date the application.
- Attach a copy of most recent tax return. If you do not file taxes, attach a copy of proof of earnings (check stub, payroll record, or letter from employer).
- If applicable, attach a copy of Proof of Disability (Social Security Administration Benefits Letter)
- Return the Application for Financial Assistance with required documentation to:
904 Autumn Road, Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72211
Patients who do not provide the requested information may not be eligible for financial assistance. In addition, patients seeking financial assistance are expected to cooperate with any efforts to secure other healthcare coverage prior to financial assistance determination. Applicants of all ages are eligible for financial assistance.Please note the Application for Assistance is for hospital charges only, it does not apply to physician, radiology, pathology, or other outside services. If you believe you may be eligible for financial assistance, please ask your Admissions Representative for an application.
The application can also be requested by phone at (501) 202-3900 or by mail:
Patient Financial Aid Office
904 Autumn Road, Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72211
- Credit bureau reporting
- Selling an individual’s debt to another party
- Attaching bank accounts
- Causing an arrest
- Issuing a writ of body attachment
Your insurance company may require prior-authorization or pre-certification for treatment. Please discuss this in advance with your physician and contact your insurance company to ensure treatment coverage. Your physician may provide this service for you. In some cases, insurance plans will not pay for hospital costs if patients do not pre-certify before coming to the hospital. In this case, you could be liable for that entire expense. Be sure to follow the terms of your plan. Contact your employer or insurance company with any specific questions about what is or is not covered by your insurance plan. Our filing of claims with your insurance company does not guarantee coverage or payment.
Medicaid requires most services to be authorized by the patient’s Primary Care Physician. Therefore, in addition to the pre-certification, Medicaid requires a referral from your Primary Care Physician before the hospital is reimbursed for services it provides you.
Day of Service
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center-North Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Arkadelphia
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Heber Springs
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Stuttgart
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Hot Spring County
- Baptist Health Extended Care Hospital
- Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute
- Baptist Health Therapy Centers
- Baptist Health Breast Centers
- Baptist Health Geriatric Psychiatry-Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center-North Little Rock Rehabilitation Unit
- Parkway Health Center-A Baptist Health Community
- Baptist Health’s After Hours Pediatric Care
- Any EKG Interpretation Billing for Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock, Baptist Health Medical Center-North Little Rock and the Baptist Health Transplant Office.
- Baptist Health Imaging Centers
- Baptist Health Home Health Network
- Baptist Health Home Infusion
- Radiology Consultants
- Medical Labs of Arkansas
- Surgical Pavilion
- Springhill Surgery Center
You can call our Patient Financial Services group at (888) 693-4206. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Be prepared to provide your patient account number found on your bill. You can also contact a representative by e-mail by clicking here.
Yes, online bill pay is available. Click here for online bill pay.
Yes, you may pay any of your current hospital bills at any Baptist Health facility.
As a courtesy to you, we will file all hospital-related medical claims with your insurance. Because benefits vary with each insurance plan, we automatically bill the claim for the full amount of the service. In addition, we will be sending you periodic billing statements with messages advising you of the status of your account. If a statement advises you that your insurance has not paid, please assist us in expediting the payment process by calling your insurance company for a claim status. Continual open communications between you and our department will result in quicker claims resolution.
During your visit to the hospital, you may experience a variety of tests, procedures and services. Many of these services are performed by healthcare providers who work in the hospital but bill separately for their services. After your visit, you may receive bills from several different healthcare providers, such as an anesthesiologist, radiologist, pathologist, ER physician, ambulance, CRNA or your physician. Any questions about these other bills should be directed to those physicians’ offices.
Hospitals often consult with specialized doctors as part of their efforts to provide the best care for their patients. Sometimes these specialists are sent items like lab tests or X-rays to help provide their expert review. You will receive a bill directly from those doctors for their work.
We make several attempts to contact you during the normal course of our billing process to let you know what portion of your bill you are personally responsible for. This amount is calculated after we have received payment or denial from your insurance company. Therefore, you may receive letters or calls from a collection agency if, after several attempts to contact you, we have had no response.